Since we’re on the topic of dog food, i’m sharing some of the things that is supposed to be common sense but you will be surprised that a lot of people actually didn’t know about it!
My friend Terence texted me one day at midnight and asked if i know any 24 hours vet. I asked why, and then he told me that after playing with his dog he went to the balcony for a smoke, and when he came back the dog lies down on the floor not moving.
Apparently when Terence was not around he went and ate a whole pack of chocolate on the table and… died. Like within a few minutes. :X
So never ever leave chocolate bars around!!!
Other poisonous food for dogs are onions and garlic, macadamia nuts, large amount of liver. (Source here) i’ve also heard that even some fruits are toxic for dogs, like grapes and raisins.
So if you decide to feed your pets human food to avoid them getting bored with their usual diet, i guess some variety or treats once awhile would be nice to keep them happy and healthy. But just be careful of things that are poisonous to your dogs.
So i guess as long as your pets look happy and are eating well then the diet should work for them. So here are some signs and symptoms that you should look out for that your dog might be sick.
Lethargy is one of the most common symptoms seen in sick dogs. A sick dog will be feeling ill, so will not show as much enthusiasm for daily activities. Lethargy is usually characterized as a general change in your dog’s activity level. For example, a lethargic dog will also display a loss of interest in food, will spend much more time sleeping, and not be as excited about any activity that involves physical exercise.
If your dog has diarrhea, chances are that they are suffering from a health condition that is causing them gastrointestinal distress.
3. Hair Loss
Hair loss can be caused by a number of health conditions, which aren’t always associated with the condition of your dog’s skin. Though some types of fungal infections on your dog’s skin can cause hair loss, this is usually present in patches. If your dog is experiencing generalized hair loss that is not localized to one area, this could be a symptom of a food allergy in your dog.
Luckily Cheddie doesn’t have any of those problems. She used to have skin allergies but it seems to have gotten better after cutting down chicken diet and mixing with more regular dry food from Pedigree.
Happy to see my Obasan Princess happy ^^
Also! Even chocolates that are intended for dogs still have this compound that is dangerous for them 🙁 It basically causes them to have a heart attack 🙁 So please everybody don’t give your dogs things to eat that you think are yummy for humans, because often they are no good for dogs at all.
Cheddie is so cute! (sorry just had to say it :P) my doggie would have looked like cheddie when her hair’s longer but now we don’t even grow her hair that long anymore. weather too hot x:
you should also write a post on how to care for pets.. yesterday i went to the salon and the owner was saying how her friend bathe her dog once every two days and I was like O_O… I had to tell her to tell her friend that it’s BAD for her dog!
back to the topic on food… i think peanut butter is a no go as well.. never ever feed your dog peanut butter ._. no salty food either – later all the hair start to drop x:
Once one of my dogs stole a sandwich from the table… And he removed the onions before eating it ^_^
my dog ate as puppy an Santa Claus chocalate. it ca. 235g. he live and live now he is 9 3/4 years. So i think chocolate must not kill a dog.
the dog are very active and sleep in germany, when they eat chocolate.
but i think chocolate is unhealthy too
o so sad… for ur friend’s dog >_< ~~~~
I think I will stick to dog food if I have one. safer..
xoxo HitomiNeko xoxo
Awww, Cheddie is a cutie.
Once my dog ate a moth ball he found outside, the previous owner of my house had put some everywhere outside because she thought it would keep cats from peeing around the house. Well, they are very very poisonous and I had to induce my dog to vomit! I had to make him drink 10 ml of peroxide and within a few minutes he threw it all up. Thank goodness, or else he could have died. I had to call the 24hr vet so he told me what to do.
your poor friend 🙁
on another note, how does cheddie eat from the bottle? does she like, stick her face in it?
I love your dog!! Cheddie is so cute! I think it’s great you put so much though into your pet. 😀
I guess you did not read the part where one of your reader switched from commercial pet food because her dog died. Pedigree is the worst of the lot but since they are paying money to advertise, that makes them good pet food. Your words have an impact to others, by writing about this, surely you know people are going to think pedigree is ok when they are definitely not. When are you going to start to be responsible about your words?
i feel sad as well because cheesie is a strong influence on so many readers.
people will think pedigree is good, when already so many people do not know what’s inside these commercial dog foods…
Well, even if it takes 1 person to realise how bad pedigree is, that s good enough. And I wonder how she will feel when cheedie got sick from such putrid food.
sad!! The doggy is so cute too. I never let my dog near any chocolate.