(I was tempted to put 109.)
Ok i must say that i totally failed to master the art of Purikura (photo sticker booth, or neo print, but actually purikura is short for purinto kurabu—print club.)
First of all there are like 15 million purikura booths to choose from and you have no cheesing idea what the differences are. Most of the models printed on the big booth curtains look typically liddis:
Like, super pro studio quality photo and 1000 layers of eyelids and lipgloss that looks like it’s gonna drip down like ice cream under hot weather wtf.
Cheat One ™!
So this is my very very humble 101 Guide, as a non-Japanese, on Purikura picture tips when you visit the arcade.
1. Choose a booth whose model you want to look remotely like (or so you wish). But normally you don’t really get to choose (especially in places like Shibuya) because all of them are FULL. So you just pick the one that has the least people waiting outside and move your fat butt right in front of the curtain to claim territory (and completely block the arcade entrance if you must).
2. When innocent Japanese high school girls outside the booth stare at you with their heavy mascara-ed puppy eyes, just pretend you were there since a zillion years ago, and exude that long-practiced foreigner dunch-you-mess-with-me aura and move CLOSER to the booth until they back off, which would typically result in them apologizing timidly and sincerely. Then you are allowed to feel guilty for being an asshole (optional).
3. Wait for the bunch of girls inside your selected booth to come out. (optional. you may rush in when they are on their way out. Erm, rush hour, hello?)
4. Put four 100 yen coin into the slot, feel a bit of heart ache, and then you may start to PANIC.
5. Pretend that you know what the fuck the screen is telling you to do in Katakana, and just tap whichever button you pretend that you selected, and then PANIC MORE because now you only have 15 seconds to choose from 7249424 types of different themes and background. You may as well don’t bother because normally the brain of Purikura will end up choosing for you (and prolly calling you a loser during the process).
6. Err, wait for the mouth of Purikura to count down 3,2,1, then pose and look like a complete idiot.
7. Repeat step 6 for maybe 5 more times.
8. Feel free to have a really hard time choosing 4 of the least unattractively idiotic looking photos out of 10 or whatever within 10 seconds, only to realize that you have run out of time and once again the Brain of Purikura has decided you deserve the worst 4 out of 10.
9. Done. Go out of the photo booth and enter the editing booth to decorate your pictures. Makes yourself look ridiculous. Sabotage your friend. (optional)
10. and… DONE.
HAHAHAHA This machine is the latest Dekame (big eye) machine and it automatically enlarge your eyes like 700% and gives you super kao eyeliner. Look at Ming and Tim HAHAHAHAHHAHA
For Step 9, there’s also an alternative of going out of the photo booth and proceed to want to enter the editing booth only to find out that there are still people inside editing, then you wait a gazillion minutes to finally have them come out and you go in, grab the pen and ready to doodle, only to further find out that it is SOMEBODY ELSE’S FACE on the screen and you go all wtf?!??!?! and realize that 3 confused Japanese chicks are standing outside your editing booth whose face matches the ones on the screen and you go all wtf??!? omg sorry wtf?!?! and then you go to the counter to ask wtf is happening only to finally find out that you should have entered the BLUE editing booth, not PINK.
True story. Happened to Xiaxue and i.
11. Since we paid so much for the pictures and we only got to choose 4 ugliest out of 6, we may as well make full use of it. Here’s what i like to do when i do Purikura: have one person decorate the pictures, and i’ll snap the pictures from the screen. Save trouble scanning later or whatever since it will become so small after being divided into 32 pieces or whatever, which’d probably end up under your sofa and never see the day light again or whatever.
We can has all 6 nao! 😀
Orite. Here are some photos i quite like!!!!! 😀
It says “what kinda snack should we nom today?”
(I want JAGABEE!!!)
It says “too blissful” lol wtf. Simply put only!!!!!
EYES BIG ANOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you learnt some absolutely useless Purikura tips today. Kthxbai.
muahaha so many lagy gaga here~~
i mean lagy gaga
and btw it’s so annoying to divide the purikura shots properly, we have to use paper rock scissors to decide who takes the nice ones
i mean 2 lady gaga. duh.
Whoaa!!! XX had sailormoon hair!!! LOL
#13 also have HUGE eyes! You PSed the purikura or not?
lol i know what are you talking bout – panic mode the whole process !
end up with ugly purikura … but nonetheless is fun – that also what made confuse and panic and end up with ugly pics cos we were laughing all the time lol
Ming and Tim really looked mad funny. LOL.
LOL OK MASTER OF PURIKURA
I SHALL HEED YOUR ADVICE
👿 👿 👿 👿 👿
NICE! Hahaha. You all looked so cute..
But only 4 out of 6.. Tsk..
Aww haha your puri with Xiaxue came out really cute! I go to the purikura machines here in NY all the time, but I still have yet to master it haha~ the machine doesn’t give you enough time to make decisions, and you’re right – the brain of the machine seems to just pick the worst ones!! 😛
Hahaha. The eye is superrrrrrrr big! Hahaha. You could stare ppl til faint! 😆
Never knew its soooooooooo stressful up to the very end!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wakakakakakakaka but u made it soooooooooo funnyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
wahaha looks quite fun! but i never get pass the katakana stage anyway. but i’m a guy :p
Dropped by from LukeYisHandsome.com
LOL…the big-eye effect is so hilarious…yet cute! 😆
No wonder I thought timothy’s eyes were weird. I thought he put eye make up or something.
I don’t understand why people want to do this photo booth thing (especially if it’s expensive) Can’t you do the same with photoshop? I guess what’s nice is the experience…it’s probably fun (if you know how to 😛 ) but do Japanese schoolgirls really have that much money to spend?
yea all for the fun of it! i dont even look at my purikura sometimes after taking them. 😛
I love purikura 🙂 When I was in Japan I went with two friends who both happened to have natural red hair. The pictures made their hair bright orange and everyone ended up with giant cat eyes lol. It was kind of difficult trying to ask the assistant guy where to edit and print photos with our lame Japanese speaking skills haha. So worth it, though!
ya it’s all fun!!!
Lols, my 1st day there already my host friend took me to one. I was stunned 😯 things happened so fast it was like watching F1. But i love it still^^ y cant Malaysia ones be this good? n mayb set the time a lil longer =(
BTW why Xiaxues hair so cute wan >_<" XX kawaii cheesie kirei kawaii 😈
they say SG one can edit forever one!!!
wa.. really big eyes… 😯
i never took purikura before coz nobody wants to waste money with me, especially when my ugly face in it!! T_____T hahahah the huge eyes (:shock:) effect is actually quite scary but funny! 8D
xiaxue’s complexion is to die for!! gahhh!! #10 is mah favourite and #7 Ming and Tim are just plain hilarious!! Their eyeeess!!!! hahahhahaha 😆 😈
it’s worth it one!!!
FTS eyeliner pic T_______T *Goosebumps
i saw so many purikura in harajuku.. and long queues! but didn’t try it.. should go next time and use your tips.. hahaha
haha, err… good luck 😛
Your eyes are very big and beautiful! 😀
hahahahahha TIM’S EYES HAHAHAHA DAMN SWEET AH
are u sure sweet is the word 😯 😯 😯
pricey but so fun! who paid for it ? or did you guys split the cost 😆
split lo, one person put one coin liddat
Love the pictures you took! I think you look waaaay prettier without the machine making your eyes enlarged =O
different la. lol
Nice!! Everyone can have big eyes. hehehhe
haha yea! awesome!!
LOVE the purikura you took…super cute! ^^
the tips you gave are so hilarious…but true! super difficult to take really good purikura esp if you dont understand what the heck the machine is telling you to do..>.<
haha i though t you guys are read Japanese!! Anyway, where did you get all the info from when you always post the himestyle updates at the end of your post? i love them!
kelly reads some japanese but theres too much kanji sometimes…the machines are still uber fast tho!
the himestyle updates come from a LOT of sources..we take them from models’ blogs, 109 brand websites, hair and nail salons’ sites where the models go to, and also makeup brands and other things..its just a LOT of research! but thanks for reading! we really appreciate it! ^^
wow you are STILL in jp T___T *jealous*
really well done! Nice compilation. 🙂
yesss..still in japan…we’re gonna be here for about two more days…still have to hit tokyo disney sea and shop some more! i always see those monster leg warmers you posted in ur newest entry and tempted to buy them but dunno how i would pull them off…>.<
Ahahaha I loved your directions! 400yen is so cheap for puri compared to here >_< Here is around AU$16 or more, I've seen some for AU$20+ ;_;
what turf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 times the price!!!!!!!
ahahaha this made me laugh so much. thank you 😀 you know your blog is one of those that still remains funny to me after so many years.. I mean seriously i’ve stopped reading other blogs because i realised i didn’t really have so much fun reading them and it was more of to pass the time unproductively.
But your blog has the laugh rate of a (good) webcomic. Like this one
and this is the best comment i have had in while
Ah hahahaha, these are priceless! Love your idea of taking screen snaps, I will most certainly be doing that next time. More pictures please! <3 😈 😉
How come I never see this kind of cute sticker photos!!!
lol.. dis is a pretty good tips. your fren look really funny with the heavyly drawn com eyeliner.. 😆
I couldn’t help but smile at your instructions, especially the whole freak out because you only have 15 seconds to choose frames. 😀
Makes me want to do more purikura sometime.
primaveri. Se crede insa de cuc.Tudor Arghezi Tudor Arghezi (1880-1967) , poet , prozator si centrale termice gazetar cu o cariera literara intinsa si centrale termice foarte bogata , unul dintre autorii de prim rang ai perioadei interbelice. Biografia sciitorului, plina de cotituri , a ramas pana astazi controversata in multe detalii.Nu-si incheie studiile.