Italiannies’ new pastas

November 28, 2008 in Bon Cheesepetit / Commercial Break

I’m always fated with Italiannies. It’s probably the restaurant i blogged about most times in my entire archive.

Two years ago i had a lousy pasta in one of the outlets, and i wrote an entry about it.

Not long after, i received an email from the (then) kitchen manager of Itallianies to go over and give it a second chance. So i accepted the offer, and i was very impressed with the service and overall dining experienced. They even named a salad after me and Jas.

null

You can read the entry HERE.

From then on, Italiannies has improved tremendously and i even hosted my 23rd birthday there.

null
Wa last time i was so fat can. I don’t believe it.

My friends and I were the first who tried out their new menu!! On my birthday!! With Italiannies i always feel so exclusive and welcome.

So this time when they launched their new pastas, i was also invited to try out.

null

With the girls. Sheila, Cynthia and Cindy.

Californian Shrimp Salad

Seasoned grilled shrimps, mangoes, oranges, tomatoes and cream cheese ( :D) with baby spinach and romaine lettuce, tossed with orange vinaigrette dressing. Super love the shrimp. Very springy!

Quattro Platter

Deep-fried risotto (<3) balls, stuffed mushrooms, calamari and zucchini fritte, with marinara sauce & alfredo dressing.

null
The ricotta balls are dangerously cheesy!

null
Italiannies Lamb Shank. This one is signature dish you mustn’t miss!

Here comes the new signature pastas! There are a selection of a total of 10 pastas, and you can choose any four to be in your bowl.
Eat less, but try more!

null
Clock wise: Chilli Shrimp, Angel Hair Pomodoro, Chicken Lasagna, Classic Carbonara.

I would say the Chilli Shrimp is ze best! Though i didn’t try it, because it was gone in a blink while i was still talking pictures. T_T

null
Clockwise: Shrimp Linguine, Chicken Coronation, Fussili Pesto and Mushrooms, Chicken and Mushroom.

Here i would pick the cold Fussilli pasta. with pan-seared shiitake mushroom served over chilled fussili basil pesto pasta. For those who prefer something a tad sweeter, try out their Chicken Coronation tossed with sliced apples, raisins and mayo. It’s almost like a salad pasta. Very unique!

null
Left: Clams & Beef bacon, which is similar to Classic Carbonara, but dryer with a hint of seafood delight.
Right: Salmon and Lemon Aoili. Baked salmon flakes tossed with chilled lemon aoili mayo and baby spinach over shell pasta.

My fav on plate.

Lastly, we ended the meal with Italiannies Chocolate and hazenut cake, a new dessert!

null

Bring your loved ones there, because good things are only to be shared. 🙂

51 responses to “Italiannies’ new pastas”

feed me feed me!!!

cheesie told me I should have said

FIRST!!!!!!!!

in the previous comment.

thank you very much, i’ll be here all night, you guys are great, try the pasta!

3. blah says:

it’s AIOLI!

lololol i think i have quite some difficulty tyoing anything with oil or oli

5. Jade Z. says:

When we beliak we terbeliak together, When we sepet we kesepetan together! DID U NOTICE IT?!?!?! O.o? hahaha~ *bingung*

HELLO CINDY TEH STOP MENEMBAKKAN AKU DENGAN YOUR CANGGIH BAHASA BENCI BETUL AKU TAK BAHAM

seriously, what turf is beliak? sounds like some exotic insect

8. Jade Z. says:

WAHAI HARIMAU BETINA BAHAM LAH BAHAM, CINDY TEH AKU TAK KENALAN; CINDY TEY BAHARULAH NAMA AKU.

eh ye la, kenape pulak aku replai yer; kalo bukan aku yg U tujukan mesej. wtf~ 😛

AKU LU SIAPE INI APE TARAK NASI LEMAK ROTI CANAI YALAN YALAN WTF. Y ans H just above and below each other u can’t blame me my manicure that day still need nice i type very ber hati hati sekian teriman kasih.

10. Jade Z. says:

WAHLIU! MANA BERBELAS-BELASAN KASIH-SAYANG MU, WAHAI DINDA YG KU KASIHI. LIMPAHKANNYA LAH KEPADAKU. BETA PIGGY BERSIRAMAN DAHULU MEMANDANGKAN manicure DINDA KETUMPAHAN MENCORAKKAN BAJU BAHARU BETA INI; AHHH… PEDIHNYA ULU HATI….. MANA Actal? lol!!!

ok dun blame me cuz i duno wot u sayin.

& dun trust my bm grandma i’m just terrorizing the men-yer-ber-kan. O.o?

i give up. thank you. i dowan start screaming in japanese.

INI MEMANG MEGELIRUKAN, TETAPI I SUPPORT JUGA DEMI HIDUPAN BAHASA NEGARA BAHASA MALAYSIA!

ky:omg. still can make it ma.

boleh tahan jugak.

15. anne says:

am eating homemade papaya pickles while reading this, now my tummy is rumbling worse… i think i can eat the screen…

16. jas says:

get them to open an outlet in Singapore!!!!

17. Kat says:

You look pretty with the current hair and makeup, and please ah, last time you not fat at all. Are you using the big eye contacts(dunno what they’re called)? Cos ur pupils look 137% bigger than cindy’s.

18. Simon Seow says:

Did I eat all the shrimp from the Chili Shrimp? No, don’t think so because I’ve already tasted it during KY’s sharing session. lol

19. xin says:

ah i have been wanting to try tht quad-pasta out!

20. Albert Ng says:

The Royal Peacock looks almost as if he was sitting next to The Giant Rootbeerbear.

HMMM I wonder if colored contacts reduce the red-eye effect (was Cynthia going naked eyes?)

21. Huai Bin says:

I like the concept of the small dishes of pasta in groups of 4. Very nice for trying out the entire menu without over stuffing yourself.

Which outlet is the Insalata ala Ringo & Jasiminne available at?

22. DSvT says:

Nice photo…

May I know who is the girl in 4th photo?

23. You said you were FAT then???? OMG O________o I thought you looked more radiant, glowing and cheerful then.

24. ::Nicole:: says:

the other day me and my friends went to the italiannies, the curve.. she ordered the seafood marinara.. the mussels were NOT fresh but the manager insisted that it were.. just that they put too much oregano BUT then he was nice enough to change it.. no no, there was not happy ending.. the manager came back with a new plate.. we were so happy and thought ‘wow.. what good service’ and we dug in to eat.. the mussels were okay BUT the squid, prawn and clams were NOT fresh this time! know why? coz he took the same blardy thing, took out the mussels and just replace it with some new mussels.. that’s it! =.=

we called the manager AGAIN and he insisted that he changed it and even cooked it himself.. yea right.. he said he pre-cooked the pasta and then put it into the aluminum foil and into the oven.. so maybe the prawns is a bit mushy, the squid is abit hard@tough and blah blah blah.. either he’s a lousy cook for over-cooking the pre-cook pasta OR he’s just simply lying

i think i won’t go to italiannies anymore lor.. sigh..

25. WP says:

I think I should try Italian food in Malaysia. I haven’t tried much of it, but once in an Italian restaurant in France I ordered a “3-in-1” pasta platter (3 different types of pasta, though it’s predetermined, we don’t get to choose), and I found that each and every one was rather bland… (I think cheese/cream-lovers might like them more)

26. chris poon says:

the Italiannies is really bad… i won’t try again also.. is not abt the price… but the food is really “tak boleh pergi” ( in hokkien)

27. iris says:

The quattro platter looks so so so so good.
    I am so going to Italiannies:)
    Which is the best outlet?
    The last time i went to the Garden’s the service was really poor.
    One of the waiter can hardly speak proper English

28. lyngirl78 says:

haha … cheesie and cindy’s Malay competition very funny …
    For your info, beliak means eyes wide open …. 🙂

Cindy’s bm damn good …. bahasa berbunga bunga … haha

Kat: Ya lo. bought from SHanghai one. Wa ur maths very good wtf.
    Simon: THEN WHO TURF IS THE CULPRIT!!!
    xin: faster go try! 😀
    Albert Ng: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMG YOU FREAING BIRD WHERE DID YOU FLY TO AND YOU COMMENTED ONLY BECAUSE YOU/SOMEONE SAW YOUR PICTURE HERE GO AWAY LA WHAT TURF

😛

HB: it was in One Utama but now no more dla
    DSvT: That’s Cynthia
    whimsicaljottings: I was 5 KG heavier!!!
    Nicole: ok i will let them know!!! And oh i heard about Russ’s car sorry to hear… ANyway havent heard from you in ages! how are you doing!
    WP: i dont like food in France. Like, at all.
    Chris Poon: Which outlet did you go to? Maybe i can pass the feedback to them!
    iris: the one i went to was in Gardens!
    lyngirl78: wtf i tak leh tahan her BM. too canggih

31. lyngirl78 says:

Cheesie, it’s ok… i’ll help you fight her back next time .. hehe !

wa be my assistant pls. today i went shopping spent so much again wtf. eh what u doing here on a fri night

33. lyngirl78 says:

cheesie, u asking me? hemmm …. confused !
    I’m checking out some on going warehouse sales … and the comments.
    Think i’m giving the FJ Benjamin a skip tommorow as heard that it’s not worth to go …
    I’m looking forward for next week’s fragrance and cosmetic sales .. hehe ..
    Just got myself a Dior flight set for RM90 from a friend …… she went to the sales today so I ‘tumpang’ her to buy .. haha!

ya ask you la abuthen 😛
    i refuse to go wareouse sales v hard to resist. lemmi know how it goes!

eh why ur flag aus one?

36. lyngirl78 says:

ok, sure .. i’ll let u know ..
    my flag? I dunno wor … how can I change it?
    I’M DEFINITELY IN MALAYSIA NOW !!!!

Maybe there’s any setting i need to change?
    Hey … nice chatting with you … can we exchange msn id?
    It’s ok if it’s not convenient.

ok emailed you! ;D

38. lyngirl78 says:

ok, got it and added !
    Aren’t you online now?

39. Hilsacon says:

Hmmm…..
    Dis definitely looks like da 1U Italiannies branch.
    Izzit it? Izzit it?

40. Enricoooo says:

WTF, albert block my face!!!!!

41. lydia says:

Ohhh, I love how they put whole hazelnuts on top of the chocolate cake! *drools*

42. axiao says:

I tried at both the gardens and the curve itallianes. 2 thumbs up for the gardens. the curve food was below average, the pasta one with lemon (forgot the name) was undercooked, the one with the apple (again forgot the name, i think it chicken coronation) was missing apple slices…worst of all the waitress actually took the bread away when there’s 1 piece left on it…sigh…

43. Porkie says:

Who eever knew our little meal at Italiannies two years ago would have sparked off a succession of events there for you..hahaha..ps..I still think the Curve branch is lousy. !u branch better which was where we ate first time met u n Annie 🙂

44. Oli says:

Is that spoon enormous or the cake mini?!

45. animeyes says:

ohh it all looks so good! i want to try and make some of the things there. simple but yummy ^_^

46. chris poon says:

the outlet i tried b4 is one U de..

47. crappy booze says:

lol. Its the first time i read someone describe themselves as ‘Fat can’!

Worry not, you’ll always be that attractive and cheerful. Plus, more cash from Heineken!

crappy booze: hahah oh well you know what i mean!!! (or do you not? O.o)

49. Albert Ng says:

Itts a ttypo. She meantt tto ttype “fatt can”.

I’m rightt here in your phone lah cheesie. Under tthe letttter A.

50. crappy booze says: